Castor Oil For Hair
Castor oil is a an extremely popular remedy for hair loss and hair regrowth. Your hair typically grows about a half an inch per month. Some people have reported that with regular use of castor oil you hair can grow two to five times the normal rate. Not only does it help with hair growth but your hair grows back thicker and fuller.
Castor oil high protein content makes it great for maintaining hair health. Its antibacterial, anti fungal, and antiviral properties make it a very effective treatment for scalp infections.
Castor oil can also help fight infections like folliculitis, a condition that causes inflammation of the hair follicles. The high content of ricinoleic acid helps improve blood circulation of the scalp.
Ricinoleic acid helps balance the pH of your scalp. Since castor oil is rich in antioxidants its perfect for supporting the keratin in hair, making it less frizzy, smoother, and stronger.
- GREAT FOR THE SKIN AND HAIR: Rich in vitamins and fatty-acids, castor oil promotes better hair growth and helps nourish and hydrate the skin. 100% NATURAL AND ORGANIC: Produced with the highest quality standards using real castor oil, sourced directly from organic artisanal farmers in India.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL HAIR AND SKIN TYPES: Made using organic, chemical-free substances, the Sky Organics Castor Oil is perfect for all skin and hair types. It is also free from artificial additives and won’t cause any allergies and irritations when used.
- COLD-PRESSED OIL: The Organic Castor Oil from Sky organics is cold-pressed without heat or chemical substances like hexane. This way, it retains all the healing properties of the oil, without any harmful additives or ingredients.
- GIVES AMAZING RESULTS: With its natural, healing properties, the Sky Organics Castor Oil will give you incredible results as your hair and skin will immediately absorb its nutrients and thus giving you the best transformation in time.
How To Use From The Manufacturer:
Castor Oil for the Hair
Castor Oil is known for its ability to strengthen thin hair, promote hair growth, and prevent hair loss.
- Castor Oil replenishes the scalp’s natural oils and revitalizes the hair. The antioxidants in Castor Oil support natural keratin, making the hair stronger and smoother.
- The high concentration of Vitamin E in Castor Oil will help repair split ends.
- Applying Castor Oil regularly will promote blood flow in the scalp and trigger hair growth. Meanwhile, the antibacterial properties in the oil help combat bacterial and fungal infections.
- Castor Oil will help your eyelashes grow long and lush as well.
Even more benefits
- Enjoy glossy lips by rubbing Castor Oil on your mouth.
- Detoxify your skin with Castor Oil by getting rid of dead skin cells and excess oil while moisturizing your skin.
- Castor Oil is perfect on sensitive skins, therefore it can be used on the face as an anti-aging oil.
- Rub Castor Oil on scars and stretch marks to speed up the fading process.
- If your hands are dry, or your heels cracked, massage them with Castor Oil for a softening effect. You may keep the oil on overnight.
- Used for centuries as a natural laxative, add Castor Oil to your diet to become more regular. Ingest 1 teaspoon in the morning, but do not take more than 3 days in a row.
For Your Hair
Apply Castor Oil to your scalp and massage. Leave for 30 minutes before rinsing. Heat the oil to help it penetrate your scalp faster, or add a few drops of lavender oil to promote growth. You may also leave the Caster Oil on overnight and cover your hair with a shower cap.
For easy application, mix your conditioner with Castor Oil. Castor Oil should represent about 20% of the mixture.
For Your Eyelashes and Eyebrows
Apply a drop to your eyelashes or eyebrows before going to sleep. Rinse in the morning.
For Your Face
Apply Castor Oil to the face for 30 minutes before rinsing. Warming the oil beforehand will allow it to penetrate the skin faster.
For Your Lips
Apply a few drops before leaving the house to enjoy soft and plump lips
Recent 5 Star Review:
Simple as pie. And it works.
September 7, 2017
Whoo hoo! Okay. So I am mixing this with other organic oils like coconut, olive, jojoba, alba and biotin. I’ve been using it as follows: I mix my oils together in a little bowl, dip my fingers in and massage my scalp while pulling it all down into my ends. Then I do a shower cap, with a hot towel wrapped over the cap and watch a movie. I’ll lose the cap and towel then, yep, I leave it on overnight. I sleep on one of my older ‘who-cares’ pillowcases. Wash with a mixture of conditioner and shampoo in the morning, then do a straight conditioner. Air dry. I’ve done 5-6 treatments over a period of two weeks and am seeing a half an inch of growth. In TWO WEEKS. I’m growing out a pixie so growth is very evident. You know when a pixie cut is significantly longer. Very excited! I also use JUST this (the castor oil) on an old clean mascara brush and do my lashes and brows every night. Results? Longer darker lashes that shine? And my eyebrows are filling in on one side where I thought they would never ever grow again. Oh! To add –the condition of my hair has improved greatly. It was dull. Sort of coarse? It is now shiny and I can run my fingers through it. It MOVES when I shake my head! I can’t wait to see what a few months will do! The earth. It’s amazing. All we need is right here in front of us. The most natural solutions to issues ail.
- PREMIUM GRADE: 100% Pure Cold Pressed Castor Oil. Hexane-Free Extraction. Only the best Castor seeds hand-picked and extracted by cold press to preserve the botanical actives and Triple Refined for the Highest Quality Grade. HUGE 16 ounce Bottle. Comes with a dispenser pump for easy application.
- ALL-IN-ONE SKIN CARE: Get ready for your skin and face to instantly fall in love with your new blemish free and healthy looking supple skin. For your face, remove dirt, grime, make-up, and dry skin leaving your face delicious. Helps to fight acne, reduce acne scars, body moisturizer, no more terribly flaky dry legs, smooth skin, even skin tone, reduces pigmentation, minimizes fine lines and wrinkles, reduces dark circles & eye bags, fades stretch marks, and helps minor skin infections.
- ULTIMATE HAIR CARE: Enjoy having young healthy gorgeous thicker hair once again. Your kinky curly hair will feel softer than it has ever been. No more breakage when detangled or manipulated. Say goodbye to your hair falling out, shedding terribly, tangling, ends dry and brittle, thinning, dry scalp and dandruff. No more clumps of hair on your brush. Say hello to thicker eyebrows and eyelashes.
Recent 5 Star Reviews:
so I looked on Amazon and I notice that Aria had the best response from their product
August 6, 2017
I use the Aria Starr Castor oil for the bald spot on top of my head, I lost too much blood because I had a fibroid cyst and if you are a women you know what I am talking about, so I was going bald, so first I had to go back on iron pill, I purchase Zahler Iron Complex pills and Kimi Hair Grow pills from Amazon, I started to see little hair on the top of my hair (it took 90 days) then I saw online a woman who was suffering from hair loss and she used castor oil, so I looked on Amazon and I notice that Aria had the best response from their product. I use 2 Tablespoon of Aria Castor oil, 1Tablespoon of honey and 1 Egg yoke, mix together put the mixture on the bald spot the I notice the side was thining so I put the mixture there too, then I the rest of the mixture cover all of my hair, take a plastic wrap around my hair leave on for 3 to 4 hours twice a week. I cannot tell you how great my hair looks, when I take my small mirror and look at the top of my hair the bald spot is almost gone, my sides is all fill in, I do not put perms and pressing comb in my hair anymore, my hair is soft and healthy looking, with all of the products that I am using my hair is coming back. I been losing my hair slowly for three years but now my hair is coming back! Telling you this brings tears to my eyes. Thank you, ?
About This Castor Oil:
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC CASTOR OIL – Kate Blanc’s Organic Cold Pressed Castor Oil is certified by USDA and is guaranteed to be authentic, pure, natural, and hexane free. 100% Guaranteed Authentic or FULL REFUND.
- GROW LUSH LONG EYELASHES AND BOLD EYEBROWS – The eyelash and eyebrow kit allow simple application to eye lashes and brow lines to promote eyelash growth and eyebrow growth. The glass droplet allow eye drops for eyelash and for nails. They are also handy for hair growth serum.
- STIMULATE HAIR GROWTH – Grow longer and thicker hair in a quick, natural way, while also diminishing hair loss. Black castor oil is a natural hair treatment pack for dry brittle hair, dry scalps, and dandruff.
- SMOOTHER SKIN – Keep your face moisturized and reduce blemishes, acne, pimples, scars, and fine lines without leaving your skin dry. Pure castor oil is a great organic hair oil and acts as a oil free moisturizer to repair hair.
From the manufacturer:
If you’re looking for a natural and organic oil to grow your eyelashes and eyebrows, Kate Blanc’s organic castor oil is a Godsent.
Kate Blanc’s Castor Oil is organically grown and cold pressed with no added preservatives. Because it’s 100% pure, it easily absorbs into your lashes and brows to boost hair growth. Castor Oil is also a key ingredient in dandruff shampoo, hair growth serums, and can be used as fingernail oil as well.
Besides hair growth, Castor Oil for hair is also great to use as a natural moisturizer and for skin health. It help retain moistures so your skin doesn’t get dry during the day.
It comes in an amber glass bottle to protect from harmful UV light and it also include a glass dropper. The bottle is 100% pure castor oil with no carrier oil added.
Grow Lush Long Eyelashes and Bold Eyebrows
Kate Blanc’s organic castor oil can be applied directly on your lashes to promote growth. You can use a tiny amount (less than a drop) before bedtime. Some customers see results in as little as 1-2 weeks.
This item comes with the eyelash and eyebrow kit. The kit allows simple application to eye lashes and brow lines to promote eyelash growth and eyebrow growth. The glass droplet allow eye drops for eyelash and for nails. They are also handy for hair growth serum.
Eyebrow Growth Serum to Stimulate Hair Growth
Organic Castor Oil for hair help grow longer and thicker hair in a quick, natural way, while also diminishing hair loss. It is also a natural hair treatment pack for dry brittle hair, dry scalps, and dandruff.
Because of its powerful underlying natural properties, castor oil is often used in hair growth serum and eyebrow growth serum. This help promote hair growth without the negative effects from harmful chemicals.
About Kate Blanc Cosmetics
Castor Oil for hair also help your nails grow longer and stronger. If you have dry cuticles, this oil will help your fingers moisturized, especially during the harsh winter season. Many customers have seen improvement after daily use for 2-3 weeks.
Our castor oil for hair is cruelty free and we do not test our products on animals.
Our facility is located in California. We comply with the highest manufacturing standards to ensure that all of our products are top quality.
Kate uses organic ingredients in her products without the harmful chemicals that damage our health and our environment. Her motto is if she cannot pronounce the ingredient, she won’t use it in her products.
Grab a bottle and delight your skin and hair today!
About This Jamaican Black Castor Oil:
- HAIR GROWTH STIMULANT – Strengthens hair follicles and helps promotes strong, healthy and beautiful hair
- SKIN GROWTH – Heals and erases scar tissue by promoting growth of new skin
- SKIN MOISTURIZER – Daily massage oil into dry and cracked skin
- NAIL GROWTH & CUTICLE CARE – Accelerates nail growth by treating nail fungus and protecting the nail bed
Hair Restorer & Strengthener–
Hot Oil Treatment. Apply oil to scalp, cover with plastic cap, sit under hair dryer for 30 mins then shampoo hair thoroughly with the Tropic Isle Living Shampoo.
Add seven of capfuls of oil to the Tropic Isle, Conditioner, apply to scalp and hair, cover with heating cap for 30 – 60 mins. Rinse thoroughly then style as desired.
Eyelashes, Brow & Beard & Nail Growth–
Weekly apply oil to lashes and brows using a Q-tip or Spoolie brush.
Daily massage a half capful of oil into beard to promote growth.
Hair Moisturizer & Sealant – moisturizes dry brittle, colored & chemical treated hair – minimizing hair loss and shaft damage.
Hair Protection – Protects hair from harsh chemicals and styling, coats and strengthen hair strand.
Skin Moisturizer – deeply hydrates and highlight supple, moist, and smooth skin.
Skin Growth – Heals and erases scar tissue by promoting growth of new skin.
Castor Oil – Jamaican Black – 8 oz Plastic PET SAFE Jar or Glass Bottle is traditionally used as an all-purpose oil, is made from the highest quality castor beans which are gently roasted and processed to preserve its natural magnetism and balance. Rich in Vitamin E, Omega Fatty Acids and Minerals, the Tropic Isle Living Jamaican Black Castor oil nourishes and hydrates dry, dull skin and stimulate and promote hair growth. USAGE HAIR RESTORER & STRENGTHENER -Hot Oil Treatment: Apply oil to scalp, cover with plastic cap, sit under hair dryer for 30 mins then shampoo hair thoroughly with the Tropic Isle Living Shampoo. -Deep Conditioner: Add seven of capfuls of oil to the Tropic Isle, Conditioner, apply to scalp and hair, cover with heating cap for 30 – 60 mins. Rinse thoroughly then style as desired. EYELASHES, BROW, BEARD & NAIL GROWTH -Weekly apply oil to lashes and brows using a Q-tip or Spoolie brush. -Daily massage a half capful of oil into beard to promote growth. -Daily massage a half capful of oil into nails to treat nail fungus and protect nail bed. Ingredients 100% Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Recent 5 Star Review:
Great for thinning hair
August 21, 2016
Size: 8 ozVerified Purchase
The difference between Jamaican black castor oil and regular castor oil is the method in which it is processed. Both are great for skin and hair health. Pure natural castor oil is a pale yellow/light golden color and is cold pressed. There is no heat involved in cold pressing, the castor beans are just squeezed at high pressure to extract oil from the seeds. The advantage of cold pressing is that you do not harm any of the beneficial nutrients.
Be aware that some companies will also use a solvent chemical such as hexane to separate the oil making production quicker and cheaper. So if you go that route, research and make sure that the castor oil you choose is reputable 100% pure and 100% cold pressed without use of chemicals.
Jamaican black castor oil gets its distinct smokey roasted smell and darker color by the process in which it is made. Traditionally it is made by
1) allowing the seeds to dry out in the sun
2) roasting them
3) grinding them into a paste
4) adding the paste to boiling water
5 skimming the oil that rises to the top
It can vary in color from a lighter brown hue to a very dark brown. Sometimes you may see particles settle at the bottom of the bottle, which is just ash from roasting the castor beans.
This is a very thick heavy oil. Personally
I prefer to dilute it.
The first way I use it is by combining equal parts extra virgin olive oil with Jamaican black castor oil and a few drops of rosemary essential oil.
Great to help promote hair growth and grow back thinning hair. I apply this to my scalp every night or at least every other night before bed, especially focusing on my thinning edges.
Second I make a whipped hair butter by
1) using the double boiler method I melt equal parts (1/3 cup each) Shea butter, cocoa butter and coconut oil
2) when it has cooled a bit I add in my JBCO, EVOO, and rosemary mixture
(you can add other essential oils if you choose as well)
3) put bowl in the fridge or freezer just until it starts to solidify but not completely solid
4) whip up into your desired consistency
This is a great butter for your hair but can also double as a body butter.
Lastly I put straight Jamaican black castor oil with a drop of lavender and rosemary essential oil into an empty mascara type container and I apply that to my eyebrows every night before bed.
The jamaican black castor oil is also great to use as a pre poo treatment or even hot oil treatment.
The key to seeing results for hair growth, growing back thinning hair and thickening hair is consistency! You have to keep up with it, making it a routine. You cant just give up after a few days or a week and expect results.
I have seen results in growing back my thinning edges as well as making my hair thicker, even my eyebrows which were prior quite sparse. It also has made my hair very soft and shiny.
Types Of Castor Oil
There are 3 kinds of castor oil that are mainly used for hair care:
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- Organic Castor Oil
- Hydrogenated Castor Oil
Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- Roasted then pressed for oil
- The ashes are added to the oil which gives it its black color
- JBCO is great at penetrating and cleansing the scalp
Hydrogenated Castor Oil
- Made by hydrogenating pure castor oil
- Mainly used in cosmetics
- HCO is brittle, odorless, and insoluble in water
Organic Castor Oil
- Has a pale yellow color
- Cold pressed to ensure no degradation of any of the nutrients in the seed
- Hexane free
- Extracted directly from the seed without using heat
Benefits Of Castor Oil For Hair
Growing your hair isn’t only about increasing the speed at which your hair grows. Hair growth involves a numerous amount of other factors like nutrition, health, and the health of your scalp. Castor oil is a perfect hair growth solution since it caters to the various needs of your hair so that it grows healthy and thick.
- Treats Dandruff
The anti fungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties of castor oil make it a great solution for battling dandruff. Ricinoleic acid is also known for balancing the pH of the scalp which makes your scalp healthier and an unfavorable environment for dandruff.
- Reduce Split Ends
Castor oil helps fill in the damaged gaps of keratin in the hair shaft increasing the tensile strength of the hair. This makes the hair less prone to breakage and splitting.
- Controls Hair Fall
Ricinoleic acid in castor oil helps improve blood circulation on your scalp. This helps with improving hair follicle and scalp heals which reduces hair fall. It also helps strengthen the root of your hair by nourishing the scalp and providing protection agains microbes.
- Encourages Hair Regrowth
Castor oils nutritional content is made up of about 90% ricinoleic acid. Combined with omega-9 and 6 fatty acids it penetrates and nourishes the root of you hair. This helps with the health of your scalp and boost hair growth.
Castor Oil For Hair Loss
- Take some oil in your palm and work it through your hair from the roots to the tips (the same way you apply your regular oil), and massage well. Castor oil has a thicker density, which makes it difficult to wash it out. Hence, make sure that you do not use too much oil.
- Leave the oil in for a minimum of 15-20 minutes. You could also leave it in overnight.
- Owing to its dense consistency, it can be quite a task to wash off castor oil. You will need to shampoo multiple times to get rid of the oil. But this method works for some – condition your hair with a commercial conditioner 30 minutes before you take a shower. The oil should come off easily.
- Once you wash your hair, towel dry it and avoid using any heat styling tools immediately.
While your hair might feel moisturized, it will take a while before you see any results.
Note: This treatment works best on slightly damp hair.
Castor Oil For Growing Hair
We know that castor oil is an amazing ingredient to treat hair loss and to boost hair growth. But, its dense structure and distinctive smell might not appeal to some. In this case, you can combine castor oil with other beneficial oils to create a hair oil solution that is more to your liking.
The following potion is a combination of four oils – coconut, sweet almond, sesame, and castor. While you can add or remove oils depending on availability and preference, there is nothing like using all four of these together.
What You Need
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon castor oil
- Mix the four oils and massage the mixture into your scalp and from the roots to the tips of your hair. You could warm the oil a little for quicker penetration.
- Keep it on for a minimum of 60 minutes. Optionally, you could leave it in overnight for better results.
- Shampoo your hair to wash it off.
This oil is perfect to induce hair growth. You can make it in large quantities and store it by adding a capsule of vitamin E oil to it to increase its shelf life.